Ubuntu doesn't enter any WM except Gnome on Wayland

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Tue Sep 25 02:53:33 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-20 09:14 PM, Tedd M. V. wrote:

> Hi Rashkae, I tried both things, creating a new
> accounts works :) but deleting the '.Xauthority' didn't do anything. Is
> there other file that I should look at?
>
> Thanks for help.

Sorry, I forgot to check on this thread... but I see so far you've tried
lots of the usual suspects.

Try the .ICEauthority  (actually, I think that's the one I had a similar
problem with before, I just got them mixed up)

All I can suggest is to examine the /var/log/X.org.0.log file after a
failed attempt to log in for a hint.

If you are unable to find the relevant log file where the details of the
failure are recorded (there almost certainly is one, somewhere,), or if
the error message is just completely unhelpful, you can use the brute
force approach to troubleshooting.

Make a backup copy of your home folder, then start renaming . files and
directories (add a .bak extension, for example). until you find the culprit.

ex: mv .config .config.bak