App version & installed?

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 10:40:47 UTC 2018

21 September 2018  at 7:54, Colin Law wrote:
Re: App version & installed? (at least in part)

>On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, 14:54 Grizzly via ubuntu-users, <
>ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> I have upgraded from ubuntu 16.04.5 to 18.04.1, everything seems to work
>>
>> I had a few apps installed before the upgrade and wanted to check if there
>> were newer version(s) so top start I tried

>Give us an example of an app that shows this and also tell what happens if
>you run

Correction to my post re wine

:~$ apt-cache policy wine
wine:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:

:~$ dpkg -l |grep wine
ii  fonts-wine    3.0-1ubuntu1  all   Windows API implementation - fonts
ii  libwine:i386  3.0-1ubuntu1  i386  Windows API implementation - library
ii  wine-stable   3.0-1ubuntu1  all   Windows API implementation - standard suite
ii  wine32        3.0-1ubuntu1  i386  Windows API implementation - 32-bit binary loader

:~$ which wine
/usr/bin/wine

>Which appcommand

>Where appcommand is the command you run to start it in the terminal.

:~$ apt-cache policy aircrack-ng
aircrack-ng:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:1.2-0~rc4-4