Trying to get DVD to play

Pat Brown pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 04:24:56 UTC 2018

I have an ACER Aspire laptop. The Matsushita dvd-ram uj8b0a DVD/CD
player will load CDs without issue, but will not play DVDs. After some
research, I did some troubleshooting but even after this while it now
recognizes that there is a DVD mounted, and recognizes the title of
the DVD, it still won't play.

This is what I've done so far:

Ran apt-get install libdvd-pkg
Ran dpkg-reconfigure libdvd-pkg as suggested

I still get these messages after running these commands.

Unable to play video file
Unable to find requested software

Then I tried this;

Ran apt-get install VLC

Pat Brown
patmysterywriter.wixsite.com/pabrownhome

Having a soft heart in a hard world is courage, not weakness