Is there a linux Driver module for Elitech data logger RC5 ?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Sep 5 17:35:59 UTC 2018

At Wed, 5 Sep 2018 18:25:05 +0200 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi to Everyone,
>
> This 'Elitech data logger RC5' is a temperature recorder available from
> amazon. From the online notice, it is supposed to be a "windows only"
> system. However, quite a few such apparatus can operate at least
> basically on linux, either directly (the system appears as a usb device
> once connected to the computer), or through a debian or ubuntu module
> available.

It might show up as a serial port (eg /dev/ttyACM? or /dev/ttyUSB?).  You
would then need to write a program that reads and decodes the messages sent.

Otherwise, libusb would be your friend.

Unless it is terrible expensive, you can go ahead any buy it and try it out.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933