'Emacs style' delete line shortcut (CTRL/U) doesn't work correctly in Firefox

Jim jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 16:13:04 UTC 2018

On 10/15/2018 09:10 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 at 15:44, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
>>
>> That is good news. It was always a better wordprocessor than Word,
>> particularly for long or complex documents — possibly the only
>> wordprocessor to create publishable quality...at the time.
>
> Agreed.
>
> It held on in the legal field in the UK for _decades_ and that made me
> a little bit of money fixing balky systems.

This reminds me that about 10 years ago I was in my lawyers office and I
somehow noticed he was using WP. I had just assumed that professionals
would all would be using MSWord. He said no. If you wanted to exchange
documents you had to be using WP, especially in small firms. I don't
know if it is still that way.

Regards,  Jim