Hibernate 18.04

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 11:21:43 UTC 2018

11 October 2018  at 11:57, Liam Proven wrote:
Re: Hibernate 18.04 (at least in part)

>On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 20:27, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
><ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> swapon-s & free both show enough (more) swap space than Ram
>>
>> >If you use a swapfile or ZRAM, hibernation will never wake.
>>
>> >Also, as ever, check your firmware is current.
>>
>> Yes
>
>Hmm. :-( That's a sod, then. I am out of ideas. Hope for a kernel
>upgrade, or switch to 18.10 when it becomes available. That's all I've
>got.

I may try 18.10 but I sort of like having the LTS

>I don't use hibernate much and I'm holding off 18.04 as I don't want
>GNOME.

I with you there I much prefer Unity to Gnome, but it seems short of keeping
16.04 for another couple of years (or even 14.04 till next spring), there is
not much choice in the long run

>Now you have me wondering if my laptop will still wake when I'm
>compelled to upgrade...

Not tested this on my whole stable of Lappies & Desktops yet

Foot note, I think it is mocking me, I was away from mains power and working on
the problem, and low and begold I had a dialogue come up

"Power Critical, System Will Hibernate"

or simalar wording