release upgrade breaks internet and other things

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Wed Oct 3 18:32:44 UTC 2018

Zitat von Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de>:

> One thing is funny: I CAN connect inside my WLAN (which consists of
> a laptop and the desktop). I just can't connect to the outside. I've
> reset the router, but this hasn't changed anything.

I have to be more precise. The internet connection of my laptop is
okay. I can connect to the outside of the WLAN. But the connection of
my desktop is broken. I can't connect to any site outside the local
WLAN. I can, however, connect to the laptop (which is inside of the
WLAN), but only when I provide the IP address. The laptop's name won't
suffice.

Doesn't that sound like a nameserver problem..?

bye
Volker Wysk