printing issues

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:42:13 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM Gary J. Kirkpatrick <garyartista at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an HP printer which has been working flawlessly on 18.04.  I am now
> gettng the following error
> Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> Qt: Session management error: Could not open network socket
>

> In addition when I search for Printers there is no longer any listing for
> it.  Two printers show on HP device manager.  One shows a communication
> error.  I can print to the other but it is only printing partial pages.
>
> I reinstalled everything named "Cups" and already installed via Synaptic.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks
>

> garyk
> --

I was using the Unity interface when I wrote the above.  In the Ubuntu
interface I do see 'printers' under Device in Settings.  However there are
two printers showing there and only one in the HP Device Manager.  I
deleted the second, non-working one from Printers under Device but it
returns immediately.

It is printing albeit it is barely putting ink on every other line.

Any suggestions appreciated.

garyk