bottledaemon stop/start doesn't work if killed elsewhere

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:52:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 15:37, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> He did apologise earlier when he realised he had posted to the wrong list.

I know. That's in part why the smiley.

But Raspian is a Debian, and so is Ubuntu, so there's a reasonable
chance it might be related, as are most Mint queries.

> Lite is relative of course.  It is a lot liter (I am glad to see that
> google spellcheck complains about lite and liter)

Agreed!

"Liter" is the American for "litre", of course, so that's acceptable
in international English.

> than raspbian with a
> GUI.  It should be called Raspbian Server of course.

Heh.

Sadly a lot of respectable server apps require a GUI now. This came up
on another list I'm on and attracted quite some debate. They're mostly
commercial proprietary stuff, was my impression, but legit business
tools for hardware setup/config and whatnot that do need a GUI.

I suppose one principle difference is that on a Unix box, the GUI
isn't part of the kernel and an unused GUI will just get swapped out.
On Windows, part of the GDI is inside the kernel and so it can't
readily be (according to my *very* limited understanding of Windows'
paging mechanisms).