ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 171, Issue 26

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:41:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

First, a point of mailing-list etiquette. When replying toa "digest"
message, delete the text that isn't relevant to your query.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 at 09:08, Caipenghui <Caipenghui_c at 163.com> wrote:

> Oh, I actually want to program in c language on a computer without a
> network, so I won't be distracted to do other things, and I will learn C
> language with one heart and one mind.
>
> Ubuntu18.04 LTS offline installation via Iso image Is there a gcc
> compiler? Can I use it? I think the distribution has built-in gcc, because
> built-in gcc to compile the kernel.?

How much coding experience do you have? What do you already know - about
Linux, computers, and C?

It has been a long time since I learned C so I don't know which resources
to recommend to you. I do have some links to gcc documentation - but I am
not sure that would be much help. As an experiment, I tried Googling for
"learning C" and came up with some likely results.

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software