How install gcc with deb

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Nov 17 20:28:29 UTC 2018

At Sat, 17 Nov 2018 21:12:51 +0100 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-11-17 at 14:53 -0500, Robert Heller wrote:
> > See the sentence you quoted: "If this 'Other' computer also has Ubuntu 18.04
> > installed on it you can do:".  Yes, the presumption is that the networked
> > machine is running the same release as the non-networked machine.
>
> While a release model distro isn't that sensitive regarding partial
> upgrades, it still inherits a risk. If the install that isn't connected
> to the Internet has got different additional packages installed, than
> the install connected to the Internet, a partial upgrade is risky.

I'm presuming that the two machines are kept pretty much in sync, at least as
far as the base packages (especially things like common libraries and core
utilities) are concerned. Have a bit of diversion amoungst optional
application packages probably is not going to matter.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933