How install gcc with deb

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Nov 17 14:54:28 UTC 2018

At Sat, 17 Nov 2018 13:17:49 +0000 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello, everyone:
>

> My computer is loaded with ubuntu18.04 LTS, but my computer is not connected
> to the Internet, so I can't install GCC online. So I have a network in
> another computer from https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-updates/devel/gcc
> download deb into the u disk to install on my Ubuntu 18.04.

If this 'Other' computer also has Ubuntu 18.04 installed on it you can do:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -d install gcc binutils

This will download all of the .deb files you need.

Then:  copy all of the files in /var/cache/apt/archives/ to a folder on a
thumb drive and copy all of the files in /var/lib/apt/lists/ to separate
folder on the thumb drive.

Carry this thumb drive to the off-line machine and copy the files saved on the
thumb drive to the directories they were copied from.

Then you can do:

sudo apt-get install gcc binutils

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933