simple scan epson

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Nov 3 09:20:59 UTC 2018

On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 08:44:40 -0000, Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
>03 November 2018  at 9:14, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>Re: simple scan epson (at least in part)

>>>That would be interesting.
>
>>What is the definition of the "same kit"?
>
>>Is it just the same scanner and the same Ubuntu guest release? What
>>about the used virtual machine and the host's operating system?
>
>Same Epson scanner and 18.04.1, the machine will be different

IMO the OP should use an Ubuntu flavour 18.04.1 live DVD, run

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgarde

and assuming the OP does use a flavour that doesn't ship with it by
default, regarding a German Ubuntu Wiki this is Kubuntu only, also run

sudo apt install simple-scan

and test if it works that way, without another host operating system
and virtual machine involved.

If this shouldn't work, too, the OP should consider to take a look at
log files, that were generated when the live DVD setup failed.