module issue?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu May 24 10:56:51 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 24.05.2018, 11:43 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Thu, 24 May 2018 10:35:33 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> >
> > this is not an ubuntu kernel, where did you get it from ?
> This seems to be a kernel for a Raspberry Pi, see

well, my point was not to criticize whoever created this kernel :)

but it is a fact that the ubuntu kernels have a certain set of config
otions enabled (namespaces, cgroups, certain options systemd uses,
options that lxd containers rely on, options that snap packages rely on
and last but not least firewall options like iptables) ...

ubuntu userspace apps expect certain kernel defaults to be there to
operate as expected/tested.

if you use a third party kernel that you did not build yourself with an
ubuntu config you can easily run into more issues ...

ciao
	oli