Difficul;ties with trying to install and use tv adaptor

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun May 13 09:38:10 UTC 2018

Bret Busby wrote:
> On 13/05/2018, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Bret Busby wrote:
> >> I have purchased and tried to install, a tv adaptor;
> >>
> >>     AVerMedia A867R AVerTV Volar HD Nano USB TV Tuner

> >> Amongst other problems, apparently, the tv device is not detected.
> >

> > If there is no directory
> > at that location, what is the output of
> >
> > lsusb
> >

> Bus 002 Device 019: ID 07ca:1867 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.

OK, searching for "07ca:1867" reveals
<https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Afatech_AF9035>. The entry for
your device says that it is supported with an unstable driver from
Avermedia, which doesn't look too good. But searching further I also
found this description which looks quite promising:
<https://www.onetransistor.eu/2016/10/sky-digital-key-avermedia-a867-pc.html>.

And sorry about the package name linux-firmware-nonfree. This package
seems to be no longer available for 16.04 (I had only checked it on my
14.04 machine).

Nils