Difficul;ties with trying to install and use tv adaptor

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun May 13 09:00:41 UTC 2018

Am Sonntag, den 13.05.2018, 05:25 +0800 schrieb Bret Busby:
> Hello.
>
> I have purchased and tried to install, a tv adaptor;
>     AVerMedia A867R AVerTV Volar HD Nano USB TV Tuner
> for PAL digital television in Austyralia, on UbuntuMATE 16.04.x

the chipset seems to be an Afatech AF9035

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Afatech_AF9035

what happens if you manually "modprobe dvb-usb-af9035", do you see it
get detected in dmesg ?

it seems to have in fact been first added in linux 3.7-rc1 in 2012:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/5da2aecb46597c2b4a3dee2eb78863
fee0c8354e

so it should theoretically work ...

ciao