System not responsive doing an upgrate to 18.04

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Wed May 9 07:26:25 UTC 2018

This morning the system poped up a update window.  I did the update and then
got the message to upgrade to 18.04 which I allowed.  Since it takes hours to
upgrade I went to do other things.  When I returned to the computer the upgrade
was only about two thirds the way to completion and not responding to the
keyboard or mouse.  When I started the upgrade the computer was on the LAN and
working, Now if this computer is plugged into the LAN none of the other
computers can access the network.  At this point I do not know if the network
problem is hardware or software but it is the computer doing the upgrade that
has the network problem.  With the system in its current condition can I reboot
and continue the updrade or back the upgrade out?  Do I have to reinstall
Ubuntu?

--
Robert Blair

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.  -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian