Protecting a file from accidentally being sent.

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:41:17 UTC 2018

Hellooo...

I regularly apply for jobs, and regularly see where the advertiser asks for
a CV in the form of a file, does not place a restriction on the type of
file it is asking for. The file selection window opens, and I can select
any file from my desktop (the place where I keep my CV as well as other
files - ones I definitely don't want to send).

i don't think I have ever sent a file I definitely don't want to send, but
sometimes I have had to catch myself before I did. Short of removing the
worrying file from my desktop, is there any other way I can protect a file
on my desktop from being accidentally sent in this way?