Search for utility to identify source of WWW traffic

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Mar 31 17:28:41 UTC 2018

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 00:51:12 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
>So, I have been able to identify the web browser here, that is
>involved, and, I have been able to identify the IP address involved,
>but I can not identify the domain name involved.

I don't know how secure https://ipinfo.info/ is, or how much the person
who runs it respects privacy, but maybe

https://ipinfo.info/html/ip_checker.php

could help you, t do, what ever you want to do.

If you want real help consider to answer a few questions:

Which webbrowser is the allegedly culprit? What IP did you get from
running the mentioned commands? What distro and which release are you
using? Have you done some special Bret custumization, perhaps running a
browser that is 8 years old with root provileges? Does the browser
provide some services, such as google safebrowsing? Are you using
obscure plugins? Are you using the Google search engine or any other
suggestions while typing thingy? Does any of the installed apps phones
home and is willing to receive something as well? Are you sure that the
browser is the culprit? Is it another "sabotaged" browser?