Weird systemd resolv.conf behavior

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Wed Mar 28 09:30:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been having a strange problem with the systemd resolver on my
work laptop.  Basically, whenever I use it at the office, a "search"
line with the work domain is added to this file

/etc/resolv.conf -> ../run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

and it stays there after I suspend the laptop, carry it home, & wake
it up to use the wired or wifi home network.  The effect is that it's
impossible to resolve work hostnames.  Things I have tried (in various
combinations and sequences):

sudo service network-manager restart
sudo service systemd-resolved-update-resolvconf restart
sudo service systemd-resolved-update restart

The only thing that works is (yes, I know I shouldn't have to do
this!)

sudoedit /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

to remove the offending line.  If I reboot, it comes up OK too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam