copying all chrome config data to different user

David L david4lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 04:25:16 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 12:51 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 March 2018 at 01:33, David L <david4lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It's not a bad idea to try to backup and restore application
> configuration
> > data. If my hard drive crashed and I didn't want to copy every bit of
> cruft
> > from my backup, I'd have the same question. Please stop telling me what I
> > want to do is a bad idea... if you don't know how to do something that is
> > obviously possible and the rational thing to do in some circumstances,
> just
> > don't respond.
>
> I *am* telling you how to do it. You just don't like the method. It
> appears you think that you have a better idea (it isn't) which you
> can't get working (it won't) and you want help implementing your bad
> idea, not fixing your actual problem.

I got it working and it was simple. I just had to copy ~/.local/share/kwalletd
which makes perfect sense... all of the chrome config data is stored in the
user-data-dirs except the passwords which needs kwallet data. I knew it
would be that easy, I just didn't know off the top of my head which extra
directory I needed.