Query about parasitic firefox file

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Mar 23 19:38:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:09:27 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>Possibly all updates *include* security updates, but they may also
>include feature changes which some users may like, others may hate.

If a new release of Firefox should not fix a security issue, I doubt
that Ubuntu packagers would provide a Firefox package update, nor for
an Ubuntu LTS release, neither for a non-LTS release. Note, Firefox is
in main! If it would make sense, the packagers, respl. the security
team most likely would patch an older release of Firefox, instead of
upgrading to a new release. If Ubuntu provides an update to a newer
version of Firefox, the update not just "possibly" includes a security
update, the one and only reason much likely is security only.