Query about parasitic firefox file

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Mar 23 15:49:11 UTC 2018

On Friday 23 March 2018 05:20:01 Colin Watson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 01:36:23PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > A significant difference exists, between security updates, and the
> > sabotage that was done to firefox in the change from v56 to v57.
>
> Look, we all get that you don't like it - that's of course your right.
> But this "sabotage" remark which you've repeated several times is well
> out of order.  Please stop it.

I won't use the word sabotage, but for me, firefox took a running swan
dive into the deep end of the pool at the 51-52 transition and forgot
how to swim, no longer playing the MSM's news videos with any regularity
for me.

>   Be respectful

I am trying to be, but I'm not PC enough to ignore whats taken place in
the firefox releases for Linux of late. firefox I understand has new
parents, and apparently seem to be concentrating on the windows users.
If they break firefox for OSS, it seems to be a shrug to them. If they
cared, it would get fixed. The net result is that I now use palemoon as
my default browser.

>   Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners.  We work together to
>   resolve conflict, assume good intentions and do our best to act in
> an empathic fashion.  We don't allow frustration to turn into a
> personal attack.  A community where people feel uncomfortable or
> threatened is not a productive one.

Thats for sure.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett