Query about parasitic firefox file

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 05:36:23 UTC 2018

On 23/03/2018, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

<snip>

>That software like Firefox even for
> a release model distro's LTS release is that often updated, as for a
> rolling release, is done for very good reasons.

A significant difference exists, between security updates, and the
sabotage that was done to firefox in the change from v56 to v57.

If Opera had not been sold to the chinese government, I would have
switched back to that, with what was done to firefox with the change
from v56 to v57.

At present, NetSurf appears more functional and reliable than firefox.

The changes imposed in firefox, in going from v56 to v57, were not
updates or improvements - they were like taking the wheels off a car.
It can still be driven, kind of, but not very well.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."