copying all chrome config data to different user

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:29:37 UTC 2018

On 19 March 2018 at 18:06, David L <david4lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that there are some cloud-based ways to sync passwords, but I'm
> looking for a way to just clone an arbitrary number of chrome configurations
> from one partition to another with a wild card command at the command line.
> This should be possible... I just need to know what subset of configuration
> data to copy. user-data-dirs and .config/google-chrome does not appear to be
> enough.

Why?

Seriously, I think you need to ask this.

You want an additional external way to duplicate a built-in function
of the software, which is to say, one that will therefore by nature
_conflict_ with the built-in function. That is unwise.

If you just want to share the profile, share the profile. Put it
somewhere both installations/accounts can access and symlink it. Job
done.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053