Custom Local DNS with Ubuntu Clients

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Mar 11 18:57:02 UTC 2018

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 18:37:13 +0000, Aero Maxx wrote:
>On 11 March 2018 at 18:12, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>> What happens if you ensure that /etc/resolv.conf isn't a link, but an
>> immutable file? SICR
>

>Sure that would work as I could change the file and then make it
>immutable, but I'm not sure this is an acceptable solution.
>
>There must be a better way surely than breaking functionality.

Yesno.

Assuming this dirty workaround should work, it would be an acceptable
solution, since the "right" way to do it, much likely would break with
an upgrade as a dirty hack would do, too.

Fortunately for my real-time audio needs such issues are unimportant
and Linux provides advanced audio real-time capabilities. However, if
real-time audio wouldn't be my domain, I would consider to migrate to
FreeBSD [1], since it does less suffer from the Linux "heute hü und
morgen hott" approach [2].

[1]
The only issue with FreeBSD for non-real-time-audio usage is the new
utter crap CoC:

https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

[2] I'm unable to translate it, so here we go:

"Es geht nicht an: heute hü, morgen hott oder andersherum.
We cannot tolerate things being done one way one day and a different
way the next for no apparent reason. Es geht nicht an: heute hü, morgen
http://context.reverso.net/%C3%BCbersetzung/deutsch-englisch/h%C3%BC%2C+morgen+hott