Custom Local DNS with Ubuntu Clients

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:53:44 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

I have a single linux desktop client running Ubuntu, and have 2 physical
servers that are on my network that providing DNS resolution.

I want the linux desktop to use the local servers for DNS resolution only,
but Ubuntu somehow keeps finding the DNS server that is in the router/modem
that my ISP has provided me with.

Is there a way I can stop the IP address of my router from being added to
the /etc/resolv.conf file?

I tried removing the resolvconf package, but this broke things as for some
reason I wasn't able to then create my own resolv.conf file.

Thanks for any help you are able to give me.