how to make sure bridge interface is up with netplan after reboot

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Fri Mar 9 20:59:39 UTC 2018

That's correct I have no IP addresses defined on my xenbr1 bridge because it is just a bridge between my Xen virtual machines which are hooked up to this bridge and a hardware firewall which is connected onto the eno3 physical NIC. Both VM and firewall have an IP address but not the bridge. So it looks like this:

[VM(eth0)]-----[(xenbr1)XenHypervisor(eno3)]-----[(eth0)Firewall(eth1)]-----[Internet]

As far as I am concerned the xenbr1 bridge interface on my Xen hypervisor does not need any IP address, there is no purpose for it having an IP address.

In the /run/systemd/network directory there is no xenbr1.network file but there is a eno3.network file with the following content:

[Match]
Name=eno3

[Network]
Bridge=xenbr1