Dell XPS13, Universal Dock D6000, Displayports are not working

zweiund40 thoswald42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:31:35 UTC 2018

Yes, it was shipped with Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS. I unboxed it, updated the
system and followed the enclosed install instructions which stated
"Driver download links: displaylink.com/downloads" and so on. And even
after "successful" (at least without errors) installation of the driver,
it didn't work as inteded. All the USB ports, the ethernet interface and
the HDMI port were functional but the Displayports were not. The Dell
support team was really eager help, but couldn't since they are focussed
on Windows. But ok, to be fair, at last they brought me on the right
track. They suggested they saw it running "out-of-the-box". But there
installation was based on 17.04.

I figured out that this notebook version XPS 13 9370 is really brand
new. It was released end of January. Perhaps this was the problem since
my experience with linux is, hardware support for new components comes
sometimes a little bit later than for Windows.

I gathered a lot of information of which I thought they would be helpful
and asked the question on launchpad.net as well but 've got no answer by
now.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/665292
I'm now going to close the request.