Query about parasitic firefox file

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:42:54 UTC 2018

On 7 March 2018 at 13:00, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had removed an earlier OS - Debian 6, including reformatting the
> partition, but, now, can not write to it, so, apart from a HDD
> restructure, I do not have much free space left - about (now) 1.7GB.

That's not enough for a safe, usable system these days.

Boot off a live medium, run GParted, remove the old Debian partition,
and extend your /home partition (or / if you don't have a separate
/home) into the free space.

For more detailed guidance, post the output of

sudo sfdisk -l

here.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053