Meltdown and Spectre and thoughts on buying a new computer

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Mar 3 07:22:08 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 20:59:31 -0500, Bill wrote:
>Is there any estimates when the fixed chips will be released by Intel
>or AMD?

Those new Intel CPUs much likely will suffer from more important risks,
than hacker attacks. The opinion of my crystal ball is, that the
redesign of Intel CPUs, by keeping all the advantages over AMD
CPUs, most likely will lead to serious issues caused by the new design,
even without a hacker attack. My pendulum is still working on its
prophecy. I can't tell you what I know after read tea leaves at full
moon, without killing you after telling you the tea leaves secrets.