Is Ubuntu Linux protected against the Meltdown and Spectre security flaws?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Mar 2 21:08:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:58:59 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 05:40:24 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm running an Ubuntu session right now.
>>>
>>> [weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ lsb_release -rc
>>>

>>Is a weremouse like a wererabbit?
>
>At least wererabbits, as well as weremice have concerns about the name
>change from "qupzilla" to "falkon". What's the developers intention? A
>rodent pogrom? FWIW http://xffm.org/ existed a long time before bloated
>DE's introduced opaque lukewarm "GUI CLI combination apps".

PS: "Rabbits, hares, and pikas are sometimes called rodents, because
they also have teeth that keep growing. But in 1912 biologists decided
to put them in a new, separate order, Lagomorpha, because they have two
extra incisors in their upper jaw." -
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodent

Yes, and Pluto isn't a planet. ;).