Is it safe for Lenovo laptops to install the Ubuntu 17.10 now

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:47:04 UTC 2018

On 2 March 2018 at 12:40, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 02.03.2018, 08:54 +0100 schrieb Bao Kai:
>> I found some conflicting information on line, some said the bug has
>> been fixed in the release from Jan. 11st, 2018, some said the bug is
>> still there. The affected laptops should not install Ubuntu 17.10.
>>
>> I am here to seek more reliable information about this issue now. I
>> am changing my hard drive and I need a fresh installation of Ubuntu.
>>

> the isos have been re-spun as 17.10.1 at [1] ... they contain all the
> required fixes, just make sure to get the .1 release and it should be
> fine ...

Bao Kai is correct in saying that the release notes for the 17.10
installer [1] linked to from the Desktop download page for 17.10.1 [2]
still have this issue in the Known Issues section at the bottom.
Possibly the release notes need to be updated accordingly

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseNotes?_ga=2.209410322.1075533256.1519927551-135491812.1519054530

[2] https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Colin