command to execute

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Jun 12 14:10:23 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-12 04:16, Alfredo De Luca wrote:

> Hi all...any clue on this?
>
> cheers
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:44 PM Alfredo De Luca <alfredo.deluca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> I need to run a simple script ... basically a chmod... when each sftp user log in into  a sftp server.
>> I tried /etc/profile.d/ etc etc but nothing is working.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to dig in right now, but what you're
looking to do MIGHT be possible with the ~/.ssh/config file by way of
the LocalCommand directive (see the ssh_config manpage for more).  Be
sure to take note of the fact that this needs to be enabled server-side
by the PermitLocalCommand directive.  I know that this would work for
SSH; I'm unsure about SCP, but it's as close to an (easy/elegant)
solution as I can think.

-Ken