setup of 18.04

Ian A. Taylor iat at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 16:38:29 UTC 2018

Sir/Madam

I have just upgraded to 18.04

I currently have two issues that I am having some trouble restoring

a) I have a static IP on my ethernet adapter

     I can set the DNS servers ok but I cannot see howto set the search
pass parameter ,

      which was so easy to set in 16.04

b) I like to run various virtual windows

     I have two monitors

     currently only on of the monitors is in a particular virtual window

     the other monitor is visible to all the virtual windows

     I want to put both monitors in a particular virtual window

     and then move from virtual window to virtual window

     like I could do so effortlessly in 14.04 & 16.04

I regret to inform that it is not easy to see how to restore the system
to the state it was in before

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely

Ian Taylor