How will I know I can upgrade my server?

Tue Jul 31 02:09:49 UTC 2018

On 7/30/18 5:07 PM, Teresa e Junior wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes mentions that when the
> upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04.1 is available, I should run `sudo
> do-release-upgrade` to upgrade my server. But how will I know when the
> upgrade is available? Is there a tool or mailing-list for that? Because
> it makes it seem that I should run the command by hand until the update
> appears.

Ubuntu 18.04.1 is available now, so running `sudo do-release-upgrade`
should work now.

Usually you want to check the Ubuntu blog, or you can subscribe to the
Ubuntu Announce mailing list
(http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-announce).

The actual 18.04.1 announcement is available here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2018-July/000234.html

You should only see a notification if you are running a DE. I believe
you will not see it on a terminal.

Cheers.

-Matt