Vertical taskbars on MATE

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 01:50:06 UTC 2018

Hey there,

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 23:12:15 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
>>I like things to be however they are and stay that way rather than
>>fluctuating depending on how I use them. That's one of the reasons I
>>never enable automatic hiding  for my panels.
>
>it's the same for me, that's why I've got a thin fbpanel (left) and
>lxpanel (right) on top of my openbox session.
>
>https://imgur.com/a/I6QLHzo

Interesting. It never would have occurred to me to mix and match with
panels.

>>If I can't store files and directories on the desktop, that's a
>>deal-breaker for me.
>
>What ever WM or DE you are using, you can. SpaceFM is just one
>example of several possible ways to enable this.
>
>$ spacefm --help | grep 'desktop manager'
>  --desktop                    Launch desktop manager daemon

Thanks. I installed SpaceFM just now and tried it out. It's got some
features I would like and, apparently, it can do quite a bit with
some well-placed commands here and there. I might do some exploring
again now that this has all come up.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.