/sbin/agett

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 16 11:04:02 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 15.07.2018, 13:41 -0400 schrieb Bill:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install Tor and now I my mouse cursor indicates that
> something is waiting for input.  I executed ps  to see what is
> causing
> it and I find a utility running called /sbin/agett.

the agetty process manages your non-graphical terminals (the stuff you
get to when hitting ctrl+alt+F1 (to F7)) and manages the login command
on them (the propt where you type in your username and password)

it is definitely not related to any spinning cursor you see and you
should also not kill the agetty processes if you want to keep a
functional console login.

ciao
	oli