Kubuntu boot time: 16.04 -18.04

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 16 11:00:09 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Montag, den 16.07.2018, 11:11 +0200 schrieb Peter McD:
> Hi,
>
> I have on an SSD three OS with KDE and the boot time differs between
> them. All are updated.
>
> Each from the boot selection menu to the login mask
>
> Kubuntu 18.04       50s

this is most likely related to

which causes /dev/urandom to go into blocking state until enough
entropy is seeded. any service or app that needs the random number
generator gets slowed down during boot due to this. a fix is in the
-proposed archive already and should land soon with the next kernel
update ...

(you should be able to speed up the boot by wiggling the mouse or
hitting the shift key a few times, that will increase the entropy much
quicker)

ciao
	oli