What did I just ruin?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jul 11 11:53:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:42:54 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>If this was your guess, then I'm afraid that that was completely opaque
>to me from your previous message ...

Simply put, I wanted to point out, that I guess that apt-get worked as
wanted, but that the debconf much likely required the fallback,
regarding an issue cause by the way script was invoked. Since we didn't
know that the OP set TERM=dumb, we only could guess. Actually debconf
informed that the "Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an
emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal".