Strange sudoers problem.

Wynona Stacy Lockwood stacy at guppylog.com
Mon Jul 2 19:09:56 UTC 2018

I have an odd problem with sudoers. Recently, I've tried to make use of
/etc/sudoers.d/ rather than editing /etc/sudoers itself. This, in theory,
should ensure that future upgrades to sudo will not munge my additions by
leaving the stock /etc/sudoers intact. Research has lead me to believe that
files in /etc/sudoers.d/ need to be dot files (I.E. a "hidden" file) and
need to be mode 0440. I have done both of these things, however, the groups
I define for sudo access in my /etc/sudoers.d/.devops.sudoers file are not
processed, even after a reboot. Anyone else have this problem?

--
Wynona Stacy Lockwood
stacy at guppylog.com