Software updater hangs after about 80%

Richard Kimber richardkimber at politicsresources.net
Mon Jul 2 16:25:17 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 18:08:02 +0200
Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 at 17:34, Richard Kimber
> <richardkimber at politicsresources.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have up to sdg in fstab, but when I use a card reader SD cards
> > usually come up as sdk, but this is not plugged in at the moment.
>
> Wow.
>
> OK... is it internal or a USB thing? If the latter, unplug it while
> trying the update?

It's USB. It has 4 slots, so I suppose that accounts for the sdk. The
reader was plugged in, but no card was plugged into the reader. I've
taken the reader out now, so I guess I'll kill the update process.  Is
it both of these?

4762 pts/3    SN+
0:00 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-4.15.0-24-generic.postinst
triggered linux-update-4.15.0-24-generic

25451 ?        SNl
0:08 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/update-manager --no-update
--no-focus-on-map

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber