UEFI and Ubuntu Linux

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:48:13 UTC 2018

On 31/01/2018, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 January 2018 at 17:00, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I found the message below, searching my gmail archived messages, for
>> that string, but gmail search resulat will not go further back than
>> the first 100 messages (for me).
>
> When you search for something common in the Gmail web interface, it
> says at the top:
>
> (selection box) [Refresh] [More ▼]  1 — 100 of many [←] [→] (split button)
> [⚙▼]
>
> Note the left and right arrow buttons to the right of the phrase
> "1-100 of many". That's how you page through the results.
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
> Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
> UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

When I perform a search in gmail, for messages containg a string, only
the first 100 results can be displayed.

When I click on the "Older" link (for the previous messages beyond the
100 displayed on the first screen of results), I get the error message

"   We cannot complete the action at this time. Please try again using
the search action above.   "

The error occurs each time that I follow the procedure that I described.

I can post screenshots (if they can go through the mailing list), or,
send them off-list, if wanted

gmail is buggy and unsupported - no email address to which to send
notifications of bugs.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale