MUA rethreading

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:58:42 UTC 2018

On 14 January 2018 at 18:07, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> On BSD, Linux and similar related mailing lists it's possible to
> educate the users and to stand accidents, such as a not strong enough
> coffee in the morning. Hey, US-American folks, to make a coffee you
> need to put the milled coffee beans into the water, it's not enough
> just to show the water the milled coffee beans. What you call coffee in
> the USA, we call water in the rest of the world.

Heh.

About 25 years ago, I ran IT for a Swedish stockbroker in London.

I was banned from making the coffee. I made it with the recommended
amount of ground coffee and water. It was black and opaque and it
provided a welcoming stimulant effect.

My Swedish colleagues couldn't drink it. They filled the Kona jug to
the brim -- about 2½× the recommended amount of water. The result
looked like tea and tasted like, well, warm water that had been in the
same room as coffee.

I used to put Nescafé in my mug and fill it with Swedish-style brown
water for a beverage that resembled coffee.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053