Wherefore art thou, 17.10 ISO respins?

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Sat Jan 13 19:02:21 UTC 2018

Anyone know how to be sure to get the latest 17.10 ISO respins with the
 SPI driver fix to avoid laptop bricking?

According to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004263.html
they were supposed to be released on Thursday (11 Jan); according to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004267.html
they were actually released yesterday evening (Friday 12 Jan), but
according to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop they're still not
available, and if I try to follow any of the links at the alternative
download page (e.g. I usually get the BitTorrent), I get an error:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
The requested URL /17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent was not
found on this server.