Booting Ubuntu on a UEFI computer

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:22:24 UTC 2018

On 20/02/2018, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/02/2018, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 19 February 2018 at 16:26, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't acccess that URL.
>>
>> Works for me.
>>
>> Try removing the #0 from end. It will go to the 1st slide automatically
>> anyway.
>>

>  I had also tried that.
>
> I simply got a blank screen. I am using Konqueror for the gmail
> account, although I also copied and pasted the URL to a Firefox
> window, and got the same failure.
>
> I was able to view another Ubuntu website web page, linked from an
> email message in the thread about Meltdown and Spectre (as opposed to
> SPECTRE, which is the organisation with which, James Bond had a
> problem).
>
> So, I think it is a problem pertaining to the particular web page.

It has just occurred to me - if the web page is using automated
slideshowing, that could be the problem.

I do not run Powerpoint.

And, Firefox does not work so well, since it was downgraded to v57 (I
think it is now at v58 - a further downgrade).

So, I assume that a compatibility problem exuists, between the
slideshow software, which may have been compaible (as many things
were) with Firefox 56, but, like most things, does not work with the
Firefox downgrade to v57 and later.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale