How to implement a Linux daemon in bash that can be start/stop by `sudo service`?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Feb 18 18:22:56 UTC 2018

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:09:11 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 20:51:49 -0500 (EST), Robert Heller wrote:
>>One part is the daemon itself.  Nomially, this is just a program that
>>does something in an endless loop, eg it could be waiting for network
>>and/or UNIX socket connections and processing them.  Or it could be
>>doing some periodic task.

Given that the OP also requested "Any other alternative to at" we
seriously should ignore the OP unless the OP describes what the OP
want's to get. If we just give hints, without knowing what the OP
want's to reach, we probably need to help the OP to handle a glorious
mess, which could be avoided in the first place.