Any other alternative to at

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Feb 18 16:49:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:39:24 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:34:10 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
>>There are far better methods available than simple timing for this
>>sort of thing.  Even bash has ways of saying 'execute this only when
>>that has finished'.
>
>Assuming you are thinking about "app_A && app_B" and alike, then you
>are mistaken, an audio app often already returns exit code 0, before
>everything is ready.

PS:

Theory often vs praxis, an not audio related example:

$ grep pppoe_off\( -A4 /usr/local/sbin/alice
pppoe_off() {
  echo; poff -a; ip link set enp3s0 down; printf "Progress: "
  while pidof pppd > /dev/null; do printf "."; sleep 3; done;
  echo; modprobe -vr pppoe; echo
}

There might be smarter ways to handle it in praxis (I'm not using this
script anymore), but actually not everything that should work by
theory, does the job in real life.