18.04 daily build "hang"

David L david4lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:47:13 UTC 2018

I downloaded and installed a daily build of bionic-desktop-amd64.iso yesterday
and found it to be unstable... the X interface became unresponsive other
than the ability to move the mouse. This happened using the default
environment and in plasma with and without Wayland. I have 4 monitors with
an nvidia graphics card.

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 [GeForce GTX 660] (rev
a1)

I didn't try to install the proprietary driver for it. I understand that
daily builds can be unstable, so my question is, should I bother trying to
system that is non-responsive other than the ability to move the mouse? Or
is this kind of bug typical at this stage in testing and I should wait and
try again in a month?

Thanks,

         Dave