Is there anyone using Canon Pixma printers on Ubuntu ?

Bernard bdebreil at teaser.fr
Sat Feb 10 21:58:12 UTC 2018

Hi to Everyone,

I wish to purchase a Pixma iX6850 (3920series). I already have a Pixma
3650series which only I bought 2-3 months ago, and I noticed something
annoying with its ubuntu driver : whenever an ink cartridge needs
replacement, I am unable to know which one ; it says no more than "The
ink level is low on at least one cartridge". If there is a way to know
more, I haven't yet found how.

So, I wonder if I will have something similar with Pixma iX6580. On the
old one, there are only 2 ink bottles, but this new one uses 5, so I
hope not to have to replace all five every time there is a warning.

thanks in advance for your advices

Bernard